Fields of activity
- Environment-friendly technologies to produce staple and continuous fibres from polysaccharides, and preparation of microcrystalline forms
- Conferring functionality upon cellulose products (non-flammable, bioactive products)
- Preparation of fibres from plant proteins.
- Modification and processing of natural polymers to fibres, film and non-woven
- Nano- and micro- structures based on biopolymers
- New technologies for fibrous materials mainly from non-wooden resources for application in paper and paperboard
- Chlorine-free (environment-friendly) bleaching of fibrous materials
- Non-conventional resources for the production of fibrous pulps to appease wood shortage
- Use of biomass in the manufacture of cellulose pulp dissolvable in alkalis and in the preparation of nano-fibres
- The use of biopolymers in the reconstruction peripheral nerves , in the preparation of biocomposite materials for healing of wounds and bedsores, and for the sealing of vessel prostheses
- Bioactive nano-composites applied in tissue engineering
- Anti-cancer preparations based on natural polymers
- Substrates from renewable resources for tissue culture
- Protein biocomposites for medical , cosmetic and paper application
- Plant protection agents
- Biocatalysis in the processes of modifying the structure of biopolymers
- New medical uses of bacterial cellulose modified with bioactive polymers derived from renewable resources (chitosan, cationic starch)
- Improving of natural polymers biodegradation including waste materials (chitosan, cellulose, starch) for the preparation of oligomers
Synthetic polymers and fibres
- Synthesis of thermoplastic biodegradable polymers (aliphatic-aromatic copoliesters, copoliestroamides)
- Wholly aromatic LC copolyesters for non-flammable and high tenacity materials
- Processing of thermoplastic polymers to fibres , nonwoven , film w including biodegradable and bioactive materials
- Electrospinning from the melt
- Combining electrospinning with melt blowing to prepare unique filtration materials
- Preparation of functional nonwoven as medical, filtering and nano-filtering materials
- Advanced, high-quality packaging materials
- Modification of thermoplastic polymers as, amongst other, nano-fillers.
- Chemical recycling of fibre-grade polymers (reuse of PET and PA waste) for the synthesis of a new type of compounds.
- Nano-materials (nano-fibres by electrospinning) from biopolymers for cell culture and surgery prostheses
- Novelty fibrous textiles based on multicomponent nano- nonwoven or combining of nano-nonwoven layers with other nonwovens or textiles
- Elektrospray: nano-fibrous modification of textiles (nano-layer covers)
- Functionalizing of polymeric materials with nano-particles of active substances
- Advanced technology of paper manufacture for special applications
- Energy management in paper manufacture.
- Energy management in waste paper processing
- Harnessing paper technology to the production of of non-cellulose products e.g. special filter materials
- Composites from renewable resources.
- Modern technology for the purification of of paper sewage
- Development of methodology for assessing air contamination in paper industry
- Development of techniques to limit emissions of hazardous gases
- Methodology for the monitoring of emissions in paper industry
- Water and waste-water management in paper industry
- Development of methods to recycle and reuse of waste materials.
- Analytical methods for the determination of hazardous substances in the environment and paper products
- Up-dating and evaluating Best Available Techniques and reference documents